Quick update on the past month...
* I have officially been in Cape Verde for over one year. Insanity. Time is flying...
* Classes ended at the end of July, but I worked through July proctoring exams, helping with administrative duties, and smaller tasks. I'll probably end up working until I leave on Monday. Overall a nice transition to summer.
* Out of my six thesis advisees, all but one completed their papers. So far one has defended her thesis and did a phenomenal job (I'm oozing pride). Two were chosen along with another student to represent Uni-CV in Brazil to continue their research and thesis paper development.
* The big music festival, Baia das Gatas, is coming up this weekend. Three nights of all-night music concerts at a beach outside the city. Good news, Cesaria will be playing on Sunday, bad news, a local musician Bius apparently passed away today. Mindelo has changed in the last few weeks. The population has swelled and there is always something going on. It's a hard life choosing between which musicians you want to see live.
* This time next week I will be meeting the newbies and helping with training. This time in two weeks I'll be in Boston, three weeks, NY, four weeks, cruising it. All very exciting.
That's about it for now. Hope everyone is well. See some of you folks SOON!