Wednesday, January 28, 2009

February 21st -Santo Antao






Jurassic Park exploded all up in this island.

Mildly funny story. As I was getting off the boat I got completely soaked by a wave that somehow came over the barrier. No big deal other than slight embarrassment about tramping around town dripping wet. Went to a volunteer house and put my stuff on their roof to dry. It ends up all over the place. Blanket in the street and jeans on the neighbors house type of winds.

AMAZING island. The first two days were a bit overcast, but the fog added a certain mystery when I travelled up to the northern area. Perfect weather to be a bit lazy and roam around town with my partner in crime Laurie. Obviously the last pic was taken after an afternoon in Paul at the grog and cheese guy. And to think that was just the beginning of the day. The last two days were clear as ever which worked out perfectly for some hiking. Nothing like sweating out all of my recent indulgences. I loved this island. Overall a solid mixture of hiking, relaxing, grog and cheesing.

No comments: