Monday, November 10, 2008

The run down of quick updates.

During Halloween everyone here dresses in all black.  I'm a little saddened that I missed out on Chris dressing up like a Chinese gymnast, Jess as Suri Cruise, or the Katy/Denise Price is Right combo, Nina as Joe the Plumber and Keith as Abe.  That's not even mentioning my parents costumes which are too inappropriate to share with all, but definitely incited a good amount of laughing on my end...  All in all it was still a good time complete with my first Cape Verde disco; strobe lights, head thumping music, and silly dancing all included.  

We watched the election (or most of it at least). I'm not allowed to comment on my political beliefs while here, but let's just say like milk, a change can do a body good.  

This weekend Cathryn and I had the unfortunate luck of seeing three people get hit by a car. The response was quick and last we heard they were taken to the hospital, so fingers crossed that it's just a few bumps and bruises.  

Today I somehow managed to burn a nice long and surprisingly painful mark down my arm. Luckily for me Cathryn is seriously the patron saint of hopeless and clumsy roommates.  Not only did she come with burn cream, but she has two tubes!  Seriously her bags are of the Mary Poppins style.  I didn't even have half the stuff she has with her when I was living in the city.  Unless you have tried to pack up everything you may need for two years in two bags, it may be hard to appreciate this, but I swear to honesty that it's simply incredible.  

And BC beat ND.  All is good in the world as long as we have the Irish cup.  Eagles on the warpath! 

No comments: