Thursday, December 4, 2008

November 27th - TRIPPIN' ON TRYPTOPHAN




Happy Thanksgiving!

Kind of random, but given that on any given T-Day I'm not sure who is more stuffed, the turkey or yours truly, I thought it fit.

I am a self-proclaimed BBC addict. On that note, I have to extend a round of internet applause to Jo, my favorite Googlite for introducing me to the ‘Reader.’ It’s already changed my life. Despite the somewhat creepy Farenheit 451 implications, it’s pretty amazing. Without this nifty little function, I probably would have never seen BBC’s article: Obesity 'programmed before birth'. Apparently our Mommy’s diets in pregnancy may have had a ‘lasting impact.’ Namely, eating a high-fat diet in pregnancy may cause changes in the fetal brain that lead to over-eating and obesity early in life, research suggests. It’s a shame Dad’s metabolism didn’t continue to carry me through past college. It looks like considering my Mom’s sweet tooth, I was doomed even before I had my first solid meal. So instead of blaming myself for my inability to deny myself any tasty treat that I care for, I can now transfer the blame from myself to my Mom. Thank you, BBC.

Just kidding. Let the record show that my mom used to mash up real baby food. She only drank on occasion when she was preggers. I try (and usually fail) to be healthy, and take full responsibility for my eating habits. They are not a reflection of the United States Government or Peace Corps policy. It is solely a reflection on my own cravings and whims.

No comments: