Thursday, October 8, 2009

ADVENTURES IN DOCTORLAND

Medical went well. I have low pressure, which I’m thinking is a good thing. I also hd some little parasites camping out in my belly. No big deal. I have to take a week of antibiotics to get rid of the little guys. I hope they enjoyed their stay while it lasted.

I also had to get my hearing checked and x-rays. I thought it was a little disconcerting that they take you into the x-ray room in small groups and you stand and wait while people get their close-ups. Eh, a little radiation never hurt anyone.

I also spent a bit of time visiting a fellow volunteer who was knocked down by a dog. Sounds pretty harmless, but this dog must have been a beast because it pretty much simultaneously took out both of her knees. The downside is that we are losing her for a month or two while she gets treated and recovers in the States, the upside is that she’s determined to get better to get back here. She also had some pretty outstanding roommies. My personal favorite was Donna Joanna who was 87 and trying to kick her way out of her bed to fazi xixi (make pee).

If you ever happen to find yourself in a hospital in CV, make sure to bring your own pillow, food, drinks, toiletries, and even toilet paper. Just in case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lindz! i'm glad to hear that the MD visit went well.
i hope the parasitic visit wasn't too bad!

just wanted to let you know that i follow your blog and look forward to hearing more about your adventures. i too keep a blog, if you're ever looking for something to read!

hope all is well!
xo
hill