Thursday, October 22, 2009

Monday October 19th 2009



Classes started this week, finally! The week was combined with academic week, whichhas made some things a little hairy.

I'm teaching everyday. To say I'll probably be busy this semester, is probably an understatement. I'm teaching four sections, four different disciplines, in three departments, at two campuses. I've also added a few additional advisees to fill the slots of my advisees that completed their papers. The good news is that my monographia advisees from last year will finally get a chance to defend their papers! I'm confident that they will do great.

I'm excited for my classes, but a bit apprehensive about my first class at the other campus. Class there starts on Monday and I've yet to be contacted with any information from them. I wouldn't even know I'm scheduled to teach the class if it hadn't been for a little luck. To me that's not a good sign.

Regardless, I've been busy working all day (even during my seista (I know!!!)) trying to get a step ahead. The planning is coming along pretty good and now I'm just trying to get everything nice and organized. Being slightly OCD is definitely a double edged sword.

No comments: