Tuesday, October 7, 2008

August 15th - "DIA DE TUGA"




Today I went to my first festa.  We went to Chan Da Tonque.  It was a strange day but also a lot of fun.  AMAZingly awkward.  You eat peoples food, leave, go to another house, eat their food, leave, and it just goes on and on and on.  Itºs incredible. It didn't take long to slip into the routine, but it's definitely very different.   

Everyone was heading to the disco, but Andrew, BB and I chose to stick with the Tugs.  I think we all felt good that we had chosen to make the right decision and celebrate Tuga's B-day, instead of going out and drinking.


I feel the need to share this winner that I got in an e-mail after my own B-day here:

I have a cousin named Andrew.  He's seven now, but a few years ago, a few weeks into kindergarten, I called him and asked him how school was.  And he said, "It was a good day.  No one threw up."  I think it's great that he measured the "goodness" of a day by whether or not people barfed.  Hopefully your birthday was a little better than just puke-free. Haha.

That and the birthday wish from my mom: " i hope you have a 26 th year", is enough to keep me happy.

No comments: