Tuesday, October 7, 2008

September 6th - "I TURN MY CAMERA ON"





We went to the oldest tree in Cape Verde.  Massive doesn't even begin to describe this.  On the way as we walked down the path we also found a tanque.  It's basically a pool of natural water.  The guys all stripped down and went in.  I did not.  I don't need to be scaring anyone with the sight of my never seen the light of day, white, white bum.   We all packed into the Brazilian luncheonette place for some good old dirty burgers and food.   After we of course headed across the street to Pinga Pinga.  Pinga Pinga is the usual go to bar since they have good fries and you can sit outside.  Today we tried a little grog in celebration of Adeyemi's Birthday.  4 or 5 shots later... things start to get ridiculous. It's not everyday that Brett B would touch Brett S's eye. After Pinga Pinga and a little singing courtesy of Nelson, we all ended up at Bar Z's.  This is a little bar on the road heading back to Achada Galego.  I went here with the Legans, but we took over the bar this time around.  They serve 40's of the local beer Strela.  I have now reverted back to drinking 40's.  Unfortunately I can't even begin to guess or understand what my tolerance is, so I drank a little too much too fast.   I only broke 2 of the 5 safety rules.  I wasn't alone, it wasn't really late, and I wasn't out of site,  Nothing to critical.  We somehow managed to end up at the bar until 10 PM.  Long enough for:  Rob and Jessica to write a song, Brett Beach to play matchmaker, maybe a little beer tears, kebabs, and taking in a stray puppy.  It was one of those crazy days that just kept stretching out.  The kind of day that when you look at the pictures you can't help but to laugh a little.  


Unfortunately 10 PM here, might as well have been 4 in the morning back home.  Tuga was not happy,  "It is not correct".  We definitely turned in our 'get out of jail' cards.  It was worth it.


No comments: