Tuesday, October 7, 2008

August 26th "CACA DE GALO"

Today we were talking about the difference between hunt and house.  Slight difference in pronunciation.  Casa (house) is pronounced caza and caca (hunt) is pronounced casa. I said that I like to hunt galo or roosters. (Waking up to those f*rs at 3 am is not my idea of fun).  Started off simple clean phrase.  Of course my volunteer neighbor figured out how to twist the word rooster to cock. Now everyone in my group jokes that I like to hunt cock.  Needless to say language lessons are going awesome. 


We also learned the parts of the human body.  I don't know if I'll ever remember that penis is penis and vagina is vagina.  Really?  We were making phrases and I tried to translate "You are a pain in my ass" but apparently it doesn't translate.  What will I do without all the little everyday sayings?!  Apparently they say they have a pain in their elbow if they are broken-hearted.  And if you are a good driver, you have good elbows.  I have no clue.  

No comments: