Wednesday, October 8, 2008

September 21st - "IF I COULD JUST"






Saying goodbye is just never easy.  Saying goodbye to the Tugs was brutal.  She was super supportive and caring.  As much of an adjustment it was to give up my independence and privacy, Tuga was pretty much the ultimo.  

It was also hard to say goodbye to the other volunteers.  What am I going to do without people like Brett and Andrew to say the most inappropriate and offhanded comments possible?  I loved that training was so much fun, and I know it was the people I was with more than anything.  I have a feeling I'll be racking up the saldos trying to stay in touch.


The volunteers threw us a going away party.  The only thing that could have made the night better was if all the trainees were there.  Unfortunately the Santiago crew had to go to site right away.  What a night.  I couldn't stop dancing.  I'm pretty sure I should be highly embarrassed and blush for eternity, but no way in hell.  


It's about to be Mindelo time!!!

No comments: