Tuesday, October 7, 2008

August 21st - "LEGO LAND"



It's one month into training.  I can't believe how fast this has flown by.  Don't get me wrong, there have been many awkward moments and moments of frustration, probably a few every day, but overall it's going a lot better than I expected.   A little under two weeks into training, Brett Beach moved in to my "mother in-law"s house.  It's been great.  He's naturally social and is willing to push through conversations.  I've been practicing my speaking without feeling overwhelmed or stupid.  His being here has made home-stay just that much better.  I feel like I now have a partner in crime.  He patiently listens to anything that I want to talk about.  He also keeps things fun and light.  One week Tuga told him to get a chair from the kitchen and he accidently went and sat in the kitchen for no less than 10 minutes.  The other night he started to sing a song that we had heard about being crazy for you.  He substituted for you Tuga, Marna, Dino, and Yaya.  Tugs just about died on the floor laughing.  Apparently you only say that to someone if you are in love with them.  I'm glad that home-stay has been going so well.  I heard from a few of the past volunteers that Tuga is "intense".  I love that she'll call and check in on me.  Thank goodness.  What better way to combat sodade than to have a CV mom similar to my mom?  Once again things happen for a reason. 

No comments: